Chapter History

Western Shores is the oldest continuously operating chapter in Long Beach, California. The Western Shores Chapter, NSDAR, was organized in 1924 by the founding regent, Mrs. William S. Fackler.

The first meeting was held at the Hob Nob Tea Room in Long Beach, with 56 charter members. By 1927, the chapter had grown to 96 members.

The members chose the name "Western Shores" because of the chapter's location on the shoreline of the Pacific Ocean.